Savoy Technical Services, Inc. is equipped to provide ultrasonic inspection services to meet our clients needs and expectations.
We pride ourselves in being innovators in the field of ultrasonic testing. STS, Inc. provides extensive training and support to meet even the most challenging ultrasonic inspection senarios.
Our extensive training program provides these technicians with the technical capacity to work in mechanical integrity programs where thickness data is required to support our engineering evaluations of those pipe and vessel circuits. These personnel are provided valuable OJT while working with experienced NDE technicians.
The company also has a staff of shear wave technicians that have a minimum of eighty (80) hours of class room training to begin their UT inspection careers. Within the next two (2) years of field experience, they receive another eighty (80) hours of advanced schooling. This training can be centered on phased array technology or automated UT. All advance UT training is provided by outside schools and is administered by experts in their respective fields.
We offer phased array UT, Time of Flight Diffraction (TOFD), manual shear wave and UT thickness inspection services to support:
- New fabrication of piping and structural steel
- Maintenance projects on-shore and off-shore
- Plant turnaround and production unit outages
- Valve manufacturing plants
- Deep water manifold production skids
- Mechanical integrity and erosion corrosion surveys
- UT inspection support at heights up to 300 feet with rope access technology
- Corrosion analysis for offshore riser pitting
Other than manual ultrasonic inpection techniques, we offer many advanced ultrasonic solutions such as automated ultrasonics (AUT), phased-array ultrasonics (PAUT) and other. Please visit our Advanced Speciality Services section of our website for details.